Lourdes Activities Association
The Lourdes Activities Association (LAA) works to support all of the extra-curricular activities for students in grades 6-12 including sports, fine arts and academic endeavors. All families with students who participate in any way in extra-curricular activities outside of normal academics are considered "members" and are encouraged to become active in supporting this association. Through LAA sponsorship, expenses related to extra-curricular activities out of the general budget for the school.
2016-2017 Lourdes Activities Association Board:
- President - Kayleen Harmel
- Vice President - Jennifer Howard
- Secretary - Missy Fulton
- Treasurers - Tammy Bando / Marcia Galardi / Jenny Basinger
Why is your help important?
Activity Fees, Activity Pass, Concession funds, Knight Pride Card and 200 Club funding collected by LAA is necessary to cover the cost of extra-curricular activities which LAA supports. Extra-curricular activities funding by LAA include:
- Girls Basketball
- Boys Basketball
- History Day
- One Act Play
- Academic Decathlon
- Quiz Bowl
- Math Day
- and many other identified programs on a yearly basis
The Activity Fee is due on the first day of school and will enable your child/children to participate in all activities funded by the LAA. Fees are:
- $50 - 1st High School Student
- $25 - 2nd High School Student
- $25 - Middle School Student
- No family will pay more than $100.
- Fees must be paid prior to your student being allowed to participate in an extra-curricular activity
LAA ACTIVITY PASS:
An LAA Activity Pass entitles the bearer to enter any home sporting event (middle school, junior varsity & varsity), entrance to the One Act Theatre with Sweets event, and one entrance into our annual musical. LAA Activity Passes do not cover tournaments or post season games*. LAA Activity Passes are available for individuals, families and seniors (65+)
- $62.50 - Individual Pass
- $125 - Family Pass (college students are included in a family pass)
- Free - Seniors (65+)
* - All gate receipts for post season go to the Nebraska Schools Activities Association (NSAA).
LAA's main funding source of revenue is from operation/working the concession stand at all home activities. Each LAA family is to serve up to four (4) times in the concession stand each year. This may be for volleyball/basketball in the concession stand at Lourdes Central Catholic or at Nebraska City Public Schools for home football games. If a situation arises that you are unable to work the time that your were scheduled, please find a replacement. Junior and Senior students can serve as replacements and can earn Community Service Hours. Shifts are normally two (2) hours or less.
200 numbers are sold at $50 per number for a total of $10,000. Of that, LAA pays out $6500 to lucky winners. The remaining $3500 is retained as a LAA fundraiser. Ten (10) drawings are held at various Lourdes Central Catholic events. At each drawing event, seven (7) winners receive $50, the eighth winner receives $100 and the ninth winner, $200. Winning numbers are returned, allowing 200 Club participants to win multiple times.
KNIGHT PRIDE CARD:
Each year LAA offers a Knight Pride Card with offers discounts at various local businesses. Each LAA family is asked to sell or purchase three (3) cards. Knight Pride Cards are $10 each and will be available at homes games. Unsold cards need to be returned to the office by October 1st.
LAA Meetings are held four times a year to update members on funded activities and projects as obtain season and activity updates from coaches, sponsors and administration. Meeting times for 2016-2017 are:
- Thursday, August 25th - 7 p.m. @ Table Creek Golf Course Click here for Meeting Minutes
- Wednesday, October 26th - 7 p.m. @ Table Creek Golf Course Click here Meeting Minutes
- Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - 7 p.m. @ Table Creek Golf Course Click here for Agenda
- February 2017 - TBD
- April 2017 - TBD
August 25 Agenda:
- Opening Prayer
- Minutes from April 13, 2016
- Financial Reports
- Activity Fees
- Committee Reports
- Concession Stand
- 200/100 Club
- Split the Pot
- Nike Store
- Knight Pride Card and Program Advertising
- Coaches Corner
- 200 Club Meeting Notes
- LAA Golf
- State Qualifier / Championship Banners
- Comments from the floor
- Closing Prayer
- Next Meeting - Wednesday, October 26th