November 16, 2017
Love made visible: “Therefore, encourage one another and build one another up, as indeed you do.” (Thes 5:11)
Please pray for seminarians, Brian Wirth, James O’Neil, Joe Allen, and Brother Michael Katalenich.
Please pray for Sr. Cecilia Joseph Mai Ngoc Nguyen, St. Anne-St. Joseph Hien /Pius X in Lincoln, Sr. Maria Theresa Huong Le.
Menu: Chicken wrap, cookie, fruit and vegetable bar
• Competition One Act Actors, Crew, Tech, and Dressers: Practice on Sunday, November 19th from 5-7p.m. just actors; Monday, November 20th from 7-9:30p.m. (Everyone). Also plan on Sunday, November 26th (Everyone) and Monday, November 27th (Everyone) the time will be announced next week. Please mark your calendars.
• Any non-winter sport athlete wanting guided workouts or anyone just trying to better their physical well-being, I will begin after school workouts starting Friday. I will be available Monday, Wednesday, and Friday with the exception of a few meetings. Hope to see you there. – Coach Parde
• MS Student Council will meet in B4 for the first half of Study Hall tomorrow to discuss Christmas projects and party.
• Book Fair results 2017
We want to thank everyone that supported our Lourdes book fair. We are very grateful to all the volunteers, Lisa & Halli Whitten, Candi Peter, Alyssa Harris & Sofia, Mary Wright, Tracy Anthens, Emily Wolken, Alivia Stuhr, Jeff, Hettie, Jack & Will Funke, Claire & Susan Kincaid, Brooke Chaney, Victoria Watkins, Lindsay Krog, Jill Yost, Rachael Hamling, Heather & Addison Bakula, Kate Roberts, Cindy Monson, Hope Weninger, Kathy & Holly Lechner.
Winners of our drawing Pre School A J Rakestraw; Pre K Kane O’Donnell; Kindergarten Lizzie Walton; 1st Alec Dia; 2nd Leo Ramold; 3rd Simon Bruggeman; 4th Addison Bakula; 5th Jocelyn Davis.
The guessing jar was won by Mia White with a guess of 126.
This was our best year ever with a gross sales of$ 5,800 of which we will receive product of over $3,200; we are thrilled.
Thanks to everyone that purchased books it is a great fund raiser for our libraries.
Mrs. Esser & Mrs. Funke
• T4:12 T-shirts are available to order. The cost is $15 for sizes xs-xl and $17 for sizes 2x-5x. Students who order a T4:12 shirt will enjoy a T4:12 SPIRIT DAY each month. If you would like to order a t-shirt please return your completed form to the Advancement office (Mrs. Chaney/Mrs. Wulf) no later than Friday, November 17th. Forms are available in the Advancement Office.
• Cheerleaders: Reminder we have practice on Monday, November 20th from 3:45p.m. – 4:45p.m. in the band room. Please see Mrs. Whitten or Ms. Gould if you have questions.
• The following students will be attending a Leadership Summit in Fremont today. They will be gone all day. We will depart from school at 7:00 am and return by the end of the day.
Jacey Kreifels, Colter Fulton, Andrew Aldana, Heaven Winscot, Ivye Meyer, Libby Baumert, Elaina Madison, Ainsley Esser, Damon Honeysuckle, Ethan Roberts, Tyler Tellez, James Kearney, Brianna Fulton, Gina McGowen, Emma Heng, Jazmin Rodriguez, Drew Walton, Harrison Benedict, Kameron Monahan, Will Welsh.
• All Middle School Students are invited to Middle School Youth Group, Saturday November 18th 4pm-9pm. We will deliver care packages to the home bound, attend mass, and have a board game and pizza party at St. Mary’s Catholic Church. Please visit the school’s website and sign up to bring an item for the care packages. Ask Mrs. Chaney if you have any questions.
• Mrs. Tynon is looking for someone to watch Brennan and Delayni after school while Coach Tynon is at practice (3:45-6:30). For the first week you can watch the girls at the school or your home. Starting the week of November 20 you will be able to watch the girls at our home in Nebraska City. This will be a paid position. If interested please talk to Coach Tynon.
• Here is the schedule for Carrie Nielsen to meet with students during Study Halls on Technology Tools and Skills.
• Thursday, November 16th – 9th Graders – Location: Fr. Scholl’s Room [A3]*
* - If needing students to report to you during this time, please be in contact with Mrs. Nielsen. This schedule is subject to change as needed.
• Any junior or senior who would be interested in taking an Early Entry online college course from PSC college please see Mrs. Whitten for the information. You must have a 3.5 GPA in order to qualify to take a class. The deadline date to signup is December 15th.
• All MS/HS students: We will now be offering morning homework help in Mrs. Hein’s room on Tuesday-Friday. This is available from 7:15a.m.-7:45a.m. NHS members will be on hand to give assistance (NOT THE ANSWERS). The students listed below will be available! This will begin on Tuesday, October 17th!
Tuesday: Quinten Vasa and Tristian Peter
Wednesday: Nicole Green and Ben Miller
Thursday: James Mason and Jack Funke
Friday: Halli Whitten and Joey Wigington
High School Study Hall Mass and Confession Schedule for this week (11-13 through 11-17)
11/15 – Mass (Fr. Ventre)
11/16 – Confessions (Fr. Scholl)