February 14, 2018
Love made visible: “The way we came to know love was that he laid down his life for us; so we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.” (1 Jn 3:16)
Please pray for seminarians, Brian Wirth, James O’Neil, Joe Allen, Andrew Ojeda, and Allan Phan.
Menu: Cheese or veggie pizza, fruit and vegetable bar
• Congratulations to our Lady Knights Basketball Team on winning First Round Sub-Districts last night. They move to play Weeping Water at 6:00 p.m. tomorrow night at Raymond Central. GO LADY KNIGHTS!
• Our last regular season basketball game is on Saturday, February 17th! We will be playing against FCSH! We would like to ROCK our Student Section! Let’s show FCSH what LCC School Spirit is really like! All MS/HS students show your school pride by dressing out in all BLACK! Prizes will be given out for best dress and most spirited!
• Luke, Carlos, Tyler, and Grant will be going to sing at Rotary today and Ms. Gould will be join them.
• Lent is a fantastic time to grow in your faith so T4:12 is offering our Lourdes family some opportunities to pray, do almsgiving, and encourage spiritual growth.
Here are some opportunities to deepen your Lenten experience.
1. We invite parents and students to join us at our weekly adoration hour on Monday nights from 9:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M. at the hospital chapel. We will begin with the Stations of the Cross and then have silent time with Jesus. If you don’t have an hour to give, you are welcome to come for any amount of time.
2. We are handing out prayer partners within the high school classes as well as between the high school and elementary students. The teachers in the elementary have been given prayer cards with the partners’ names and are using them however they choose. The Theology classes are also being given prayer partner cards and they are asked to pray for the people on the cards during Lent. This project can be as much effort as anyone wants to put into it. Joining each other in prayer can be very powerful and draw us closer to each other through our faith.
3. We are going to invite any high school student to join us at a Toby Mac concert on March 2nd. If we have enough interest, we will see about taking a bus to Omaha together. More details will be sent out in another email.
4. We will also continue to offer times for confession, mass, and adoration like we do during the regular year.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact the T4:12 team at any time.
• The UNL Rep will be here on Tuesday, February 20th @ 11:30a.m. in the library. The following students have signed up:
Juniors: Chloe DuBois, Heaven Winscot
Sophomores: Damon Honeysuckle, Ivye Meyer, Libby Baumert, Ethan Roberts, Luke Partsch, Jasmine Pineda, Aubrey Bando, Cathy Shawhan
• GOOD LUCK to the Quiz Bowl team of Grant Draus, Tristian Peter, Thomas Ragland, Will Eppert, Cathy Shawhan, and Cade Lee as they compete in their second round of competition in the B103 Quiz Bowl! They will go Wednesday morning. Teachers, please excuse these students from 2nd period at 9:20 a.m.
• Reminder: There is conditioning opportunities Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for Non-Winter sport and TRACK athletes. If you are not conditioning with me, you need to be working out on your own. Feb. 26th will be a shock to your system if you are not doing some sort of physical activity.
• Anyone interested in auditioning for the Nebraska All-State Musical (which performs in June)…see Miss Gould for details. Audition videos are due March 25th.
Being rude is easy; kindness is a sign of strength. Let’s celebrate February as Random Acts of Kindness month. “Do something kind and unexpected for someone else.”